Hospitals in Denison
Grayson Co. Texas
The Denison City Hospital on East Hull Street served for years as the medical center for the Denison area. Construction for this hospital began February 12, 1913. In 1943, when the old building was in serious need of repairs and a complete modernization, the Sisters of Divine Providence offered to take it over. In exchange for a deed to the property from the city, the Sisters agreed to remodel and operate it as a first-rate medical facility to be know as the Madonna Hospital.
The "new" Madonna Hospital opened on September 1, 1945.
The city of Denison deeded twenty-seven acres northwest of town to the MKT (Katy) Railroad for use as a hospital site. The Katy Hospital was opened on November 1, 1921.